WS 3D Plot Issues
Concerns a 3D Chart display issue commonly caused by the Intel Iris Xe Graphics card.
When attempting to open the 3D chart in Well Seeker the program crashes or becomes unresponsive. In some instances the user may also see the below message.
In most cases, the cause of this issue is the integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics card. To check what graphics card is installed on your machine, follow the below instructions:
- Press on the Windows keyon your keyboard and start typing Device Manager.
- Select Display Adapters from the list and this will show the available graphics cards
There are 2 possible solutions to this issue, both of which are detailed below:
Upgrade the Graphics Drivers to the latest versions. Note, that this needs to be done directly via the Intel website, and not by using Windows, or the Windows update options.
The following link will take you directly to an Intel support page “How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11” that details the steps required to do this.
Adjust the Graphics Settings to grant graphics performance preference to Well Seeker. This should address the issue with the application being blocked by the graphics card.
- Press on the Windows keyon your keyboard and start typing Graphics Settings
- In Graphics settings, under Add an app select Browse.
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Innova Drilling and Intervention\Well Seeker PRO
- Select Well Seeker.exe and select Add
- Well Seeker will now appear in the app list in the Graphics Settings.
- Select Well Seeker from the list and select Options
- Select High Performance from the Graphics Preference dialog and hit save
- You may need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect