Missing MFPlat.DLL Error
Covers an issue caused by a missing DLL file that prevents Well Seeker from opening.
When attempting to open Well Seeker Pro, the user receives the following error message:
The MFPlat.DLL file is part of the Windows Media Feature Pack. If the Media Feature Pack is not installed on the user’s computer, they will get the above error.
The most common reason for the Windows Media Feature Pack not being installed is if the user’s computer is running the Windows 10 N operating system. To check the version of Windows you are using, perform the following steps:
1. Press the Windows key and type “about” in the search box.
2. Click on About your PC to open the About tab of the Settings app.
3. Scroll down to the Windows Specifications section to see your edition of Windows.
Download and install the Windows Media Feature Pack to your PC from the Microsoft Website:
1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack and scroll down to the Downloads section.
2. Use the dropdown box to select the edition for your version of Windows 10. This will most likely be the newest version, but if in doubt use the Windows Support link in the Downloads section.
3. Wait for your request to be validated, then click on the appropriate download link, depending on if you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. If you are unsure, open the About your PC window mentioned in the Cause section above. Your operating system type is listed in the Device Specifications section.
4. Once the download is complete, run the installation executable and follow the prompts to install the Media Feature Pack.
5. Once installation has completed, restart your computer.