Comment on page
Appendix A – Setting Up A New User
Follow the below steps to set up a new user. It is assumed that the individual following the steps is already logged on to the Innova App with a user account with the Admin permission enabled.
- 1.Open the User Management page.
- 2.If an appropriate role for the user you are creating already exists then proceed to step XXX, otherwise continue to step 3.
- 3.Select theicon to open the Roles page.
- 4.Select theicon and a window will open to add a new role.
- 5.Input the name, display name and select the permissions. See section 10.2 – Roles for details. Select Submit.
- 6.Select theicon to select which products and features the role will give permission for. See section 10.2 – Roles for details. Select Apply.
- 7.The role has now been setup. Select theicon to open the Users page.
- 8.Select theicon and a window will open to add a new user.
- 9.Input the user email address, password, organization, role, default unit set and ensure the Active cell is selected and green. Take a note of the email address and password. You will need to forward these to the user. Select Submit.
- 10.Tap on theicon to select which operators data the user can view. If all of the operators in the list are left red, then the user will be able to see all of the operator’s data. If one or more operators are selected green, then the remaining red operator’s data will not be visible to the user. Select Apply.
- 11.Tap on theicon to select which wells data the user can view. Only wells based upon the operator selection will be visible to turn on and off. If all of the wells in the list are left red, then the user will be able to see all of the well data. If one or more wells are selected green, then the remaining red well’s data will not be visible to the user. Select Apply.
- 12.Once you have created the user, a validation email will be sent to the user’s email address. Ensure that the user is aware of this and completes the validation process.